When Windows saves your data it splits them into single data fragments across your disk, which means access times to your files and data are increased enormously.
A build-up of fragmented data on your computer slows down its performance substantially. The read and write heads have to look for every single fragment of data, every time you want to access or work on it. Over time, this also leads to worn out hardware. To ensure your PC is running at its peak, you need to systematically pack these fragments back together.
A defragmentation puts these fragments back together and stores the files in separate Zones on your disk (Zone Filing), according to their importance and regularity of use. This leads to much quicker system and program starts and faster application times.
O&O Defrag has a time scheduler and carries out regular automated sweeps of your system. By activating the Background Defragmentation, you not only bring your PC back to its peak, but you also prevent future data fragmentation at source, all automated and silently running in the background.
Important Features at a Glance:
- Advanced control of Zone Filing
- Visual display of background monitor activity in the TrayIcon
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Windows 7,Vista, and XP
- Zone filing for optimal organization of files
- Three additional defragmentation methods (eight methods in all)
- Improved: even better at eliminating high levels of fragmentation
- Background monitoring: your system is constantly kept at its peak
- Screen Saver Mode: optimizes your PC whenever it’s not being used
- O&O OneClickDefrag for fully automatic configuration
- Job Assistant for scheduling defragmentation